HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Saturday, January 10, 2009

We will miss you

This is my beautiful, sweet Grandma, Jaquoline Ferney. She was loved very much by her family. My grandpa took wonderful care of her. She was a fantastic woman and a very good friend. Grandma had a strong testimony of the truth that she learned through her life. She and my grandpa were married for 61 years, and were sealed in the temple 13 years ago. She was a talented skiier, golfer, socialite, and storyteller. She had a serious obsession for shoes and jewelry. She usually wore atleast 6 rings at a time. Grandma even had a fake pinkie fingernail that was dipped in gold. She loved to dance growing up. Grandma spent most of her time fishing and camping in the summers. She took her girlfriends on fishing trips in Island Park. She loved her ladies golf league and organizing the Women's day ski trips at Targhee. She took suntanning seriously and once showed me how to surround your body with tinfoil to attract the sun rays. She really loved little children. Logan adored his grandma as much as she did him. I have been a lucky girl to live only blocks away the last 2 years. She died on Sunday night, at the age of 78. I will never forget that night together. She motivates me to attempt to make life as fun and exhilirating as she did. Party on grandma, I love you love you love you. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I am so sad to hear about your grandmother's passing. She sounded like a delightful and wonderful woman. You are in our thoughts and prayers at this time.

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. What a great tribute you worte and it sounds like you have some very good memories of her.

Amber said...

You are so good with words. That was really nice.

thedeanfamily said...

It's never easy losing a loved one, but hold on to those great memories and she will truly be with you forever. Sounds like her and I would have gotten along. ;) Hope you are doing well and know we are thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. She sounds like one cool lady! What a great tribute!

Amber said...

Again, so sorry. But thanks for letting me share in that special tribute with you! I bet she was just smiling down seeing you singing for her again.

Shelly B. said...

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I am glad you have good memories of her...they will help you feel close to her until you meet again! And a fake pinkie fingernail dipped in gold...she sounds awesome!