HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A journal entry about the BOSS


His pajama shirt that states, "I'm the boss around here," has become a self-fulfilling prophesy. Logan is always making me laugh with his silly logic and peculiar habits. He loves to hide whenever dad comes home. He drinks and pees more than anyone I have ever met. He absorbs new information like a spunge and is quite insightful. He loves being with his mom and really treasures all of his grandparents. He is a great cook, a super-duper reader, and works hard at school. He has become quite an ice hockey player and loves to pretend that he is a basketball star. Infact, he wears his jersey and shorts whenever his spiderman costume is not on. HOWEVER, this nearly 4 year-old little boy has transitioned from a sensitive, adaptable, easy going, mommy/daddy pleaser to a tyrant in a spidey man costume. As I sit here, he is chasing three friends with a gun in each hand. Last night he started to become so delirious after after resisting bedtime that he ran himself right into the closed door! (His sleep hygeine is a joke.) He can throw a tantrum lately that shakes the roof. And he has mastered whining rather than talking. He has been sassy and incouragable the last few days. Seriously, I will go ahead and blame myself for pampering him. The kid pretty much gets our attention whenever he wants or needs it. What else would I do? He knows that I have the time. The little dude is always with me. Where is the happy medium between spoiling and neglecting when you only have one child? I will have to keep working this one out in my head. In the mean time, I am going to go break up a fight.

5 comments:

emily said...

just so you know, mason and milo have both done just about all those things and they are not the only child and their mother does not always give them her undivided attention. some of that is just part of being a boy. if you have two, then they just have someone to chase with guns 24/7 instead of just during playdates. ;)

emily said...

and ps. my secret to getting my kids to be happier about going to sleep? make them go earlier. milo is an angel at his normal bedtime, even 15-20 min after and he fights me all the way.

FARRER FAMLIY said...

What a cute picture! Wow he is getting SO big! I'm not sure about the drinking and peeing thing I bet Taylor could totally out-drink him! just kidding! Well I miss you guys! Hopefully we can meet up sometime soon!

The Cooks said...

That is so funny! Little Logan, the trouble maker. haha I can't wait to see him and you on friday!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Oh Ann... knew your day had to come!!! HE is still SUCH a GREAT boy! Wish we could see ya more!
ps. Christian is already whiny. AHHH