Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2011
Well, isn’t it interesting that I find myself blogging about
last year’s cruise while I’m in my room waiting for this year’s cruise to pull
out of port?! I suppose that I just feel like it’s so quiet and peaceful that I
may as well journal the missing spots in the last year of our life, so here it
goes:
Here was the itinerary:
·
Fly to Puerto Rico, sleep at the Marriott, and
board the Carnival ship.
·
St. Thomas: Spent the day at Smuggler’s Cove
(same beach as in 2010)
·
Barbados: Chartered a catamaran that supplied us
with a really cute group of guys that entertained us with their music and
dancing, provided a great lunch, and took us to an amazing snorkeling spot with
sea turtles and stingrays. That day was a total blast.
·
St. Lucia: Ziplining at it’s best!! I loved
driving through the jungle and seeing the way that the local people lived. Huge
reality check. Breathtaking views. The jungle was awe-inspiring to me, as I saw
some of my favorite plants and flowers growing out from the sides of trees with
effortless beauty. The zipline was complete with 12 lines that took us right
over the canopy and canyons. Everyone loved, loved this day.
·
St. Kitts/Nevis: We finally saw all of the
monkeys! Some had on diapers and would cuddle in our arms (yes, of course we
had to pay someone to hold them), and some that were wild and just wanted our
bananas. The day became fascinating as some of us smarter people took a tour
through the historical sights of the island. We drove around the hollowed
ground of the “Circus” were the
slaves were brought and sold, and then on to the fortress with it’s rich
history and beauty at the highest part of the island, overlooking even the
clouds with it’s cannons and eerie emptiness.
·
St. Maarten: Yeah, we didn’t stay on either the
dutch or british side. We had our sights set on Anguilla, so we took a ferry
over to a little-known paradise called little bay. The pictures will do all the
explaining. Pristine.
With the exception of the bad
service and not so good food on the ship, this was hands-down the very best
trip of my entire life. Brad and I thoroughly enjoyed being together, away from
the stress of everyday life. It was difficult to leave Austin at only 9 months
old, but no one could have done a more magnificent job with a crying, hurting
little angel than my mom and dad did. Logan was in hog heaven with his
grandparents. We love the Bergeson Family. I love Brad’s dedication in making
such an incredible family movie of this vacation. It is one not to be
forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment