HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I am feeling very grateful for motherhood today. I love being a mother to Logan and Austin more than anything else i've ever done or will do. (Being a wife can be great too, but today isn't wives day!) I love and admire and depend on my mother and mother-in-law and grandmother very much. I love watching the mothering example of all my friends and sisters as I learn the tricky trade. One mother who is special to me down here is a sweet Brazilian woman named Dalva. Every time that I seek her counsel and advice, she says, "My momma always say ......." I would just love to meet this woman who has said something about EVERYTHING! I hope that my mothers also know that I remember what they tell me and what they teach me too, and that I plan on passing it along. Motherhood, in any capacity, is the most gratifying calling to ever exist. (Again, being a spouse is that too, but not today ;)).



Mom is to be celebrated. She is the strongest, toughest, most selfless woman that I know. She is beautiful on the inside and out. She is the most phenomenal grandmother to our children. She taught me how to work hard. She taught me how to cook and keep house. She taught me about priorities as a mother. She taught me, through example, to serve your children without thinking of yourself. She taught me to desire motherhood. She taught me to love my music. She attended every recital, put us in every lesson, and earned every extra penny necessary to support our hobbies. She teaches me that you always move onward and forward. She and Nichole teach me and Rachel and Jesse how to care for our children's health. She is logical, organized, and efficient. Being around her feels like home. Who doesn't need someone like that in their lives?


Val is another woman to be celebrated today. She and mother may be polar opposites on most fronts, but they both have the amazing gift to love and serve their children. Val is the most creative, party-ready, service-oriented woman. She gives, and gives, and serves, and serves all the day long. She observes everything around her. She is sensitive and thoughtful. Everyone is her friend. She loves talking to anyone and everyone. She teaches me perspective. She is the matter-of-fact just when you need it. She teaches me to have patience. Being with Val brings a smile to my face.


 I love that my Austin has been so gracious this Mothers day as to not throw up on me. He is a very sick boy, but he's keeping it clean today:) He even cuddled and slept in my arms all night in peace. I love that my Logan painted my nails, brushed my hair, soaked and rubbed and cleaned my feet, and painted my toes. I love that he made a little book and colored a picture for me. He even set out my church clothes for me, suggesting that maybe I start wearing heels again. I love seeing how much happiness he gets from serving. I love that Brad is being patient with the kids, even though he feels really yucky.

1 comment:

The Harker Family said...

What a beautiful post! Any chance Logan would come over and teach Camden a little bit about giving pedicures! I would have loved that! What a sweety Logan is! Ha, ha, ha! That is so adorable!