HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just a thought....

If anyone only knew how many blog entries I write that never make it past a saved draft. They all get looking like a lengthy soap box-like formative thesis and I resign to saving them in the garbage bin. So I am going to try to get one thought out there real quick, so here it goes!!! I am seeing too many people that I love feel overwhelmed with thinking that who they are right now is not enough. Life is hard! It is really difficult to deal with all of the pressures the buzzing all around. Life can be difficult for all of us, as it was intended to be. Please don't ever think that you are alone in any struggle of this daily life. Please let's try to stop comparing ourselves to any other breathing soul. If we do attempt to size ourselves up, we will be inevitably innacurate and never encouraged. It is really rough sometimes to block out all of the noise and garbage around us, but we can! We do it every day. Life is bringing as many joys as it is trials, so hang in there. We are all doing the best that we can. Just keep helping out all of the women around you because we all need help, sincere friendship, and encouragement. I love what Sr. Beck and President Uchtdorf from the LDS church have to say about the topic. These articles remind me of the hope and happiness in our purpose. Check out these articles:
Sr. Beck, General Relief Society Conference Oct. 2008

3 comments:

Krista said...

dude, it's late and I need to go to bed but that was a nice thought you wrote. I enjoyed the rs conference too this year especially uchdorfs talk. I will call you soon. I would love to chat and see where in the world is andrea now. :)

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

You are so awesome Andrea, I love you so much and you are one of my best friends! I hope that doesn't make me sound like a lesbian. That is an awesome post and eveyone goes through hard times. You are one of a kind and i am so grateful to have you in my life as a friend! I miss you and your family and i really hope you come out and visit us soon! Oh by the way you been TAGGED from my blog! Check it out!

Unknown said...

Love these thoughts, Andrea! Especially what you said about "we are all just doing the best we know how." I truly believe that and I always try to remember it when I find myself starting to judge someone else or compare myself to someone else! I have been thinking alot about this very topic a lot lately, so I appreciate your post!