Note to self: ALWAYS stay at least 10 meters behind the snowbird folk. I think I almost got smash-crashed by 5 different sweet elderly people today. Despite the scares on the road, I sure have been on them a lot. Logan and I have an odd habit of getting ourselves intentionally lost. He calls it 'peaking' until it's dark, then we are 'sneaking'. I have spent too much time in the car for my own good, but I had to check this place out. And there is a lot of stretched-out land to discover. Logan and I met Stephanie, Taylor, and Kai at the Washington City rec center today for a 3 hour swim. To my surprise, it was awesome. With the exception of running as fast as he could when the bucket tipped, Logan was uncharacteristically brave on the tube slides and water jungle gyms. That place is beautiful, big, and clean. It will definitely become part of the general routine. So I ran into a good friend, Arielle, there today, followed by 2 guys who grew up in my ward, at Cafe Rio. Small LDS world down here for sure.
Brad is working 11-12 hour days! He gone by 7:30 and home around then as well. I am really excited for his new job, as he is enjoying it very much. I am also CRAVING a hard day's work (not in the form of a job:)), responsibility, schedule, obligations, you know, the usual that moms go through with only one little tike running around. I look forward to finding ways of getting involved in some kind of something that pushes and challenges me. Alright, enough of trying to catch up this journal. My fam is the greatest and I hope all is going well for each one of them. If any of you read this, visit or call Grandpa F, okay? He really loves company. Alrighty, signing off!
8 comments:
Wow I love your new webpage...although ya gotta wear shades when you're looking at it. Ha, ha, ha! I wish that bright blue sky and sun was in my backyard! Great to hear an update again. Now that you are so far away you will have to update your blog more regularly. I'm sooooooo happy you found a recreation center!!! I hope there was a hot tub there for you to soak in as well. It sounds like you are having a blast. Well let us know as you continue to settle in. I would love to see pics of your new town!!!
Love the new look! A waterpark sounds pretty awesome right about now!
Thanks for the update, love reading about what you're up to!
Sounds like you are staying busy and trying to settle in...my kids love the rec center in St. George!
Hey it's Candice! I can't believe I have someone down here I acutally know now! Jed said that he talked to you the other day, and I was super pumped that I might acutally find a friend... sad I know. We have to get together sometime, I love it here... it's a super nice place to live.
How fun to live in sunny St. George. We are coming to St. George hopefully soon so we should do dinner or something. Since you love horticulture I have a question for you. I bought some orchids the other day at Costco because they were so pretty but I have no idea how to take care of them. Help!
What??!?!?! What is brad's new job? I can't believe you moved. We were just there!
Sounds fun...wish I could come!
Hey Andrea! You left so fast, we didn't even get to say bye to you! Glad you are doing ok there, at least you get to enjoy some warm weather! I saw your blog site on angie's page and just wanted to say hey!
Post a Comment