I walk in and the manager explains, "An interpereter from the City offices just came by frantically explaining that the woman with her, who had been here for an appt. earlier in the day had found this cell phone in her bag after arriving at home. She spoke no english, and so drove around to each place she had been that day, hoping to find the owner. But no one at the Doc's office, which was her last errand, spoke any spanish. Finally, she went to the city building to find an interpereter to assist her in communicating with me about the situation. They came by just now, and here we are."
Seriously? How lucky can a girl get? The funniest part about the deal was that whilst my phone was MIA, Brad's mom Val was lost in Las Vegas traffic, without her cell phone, trying to call me from pay phones to get directions to our house in St. George. But as Val always does when fighting any type of traffic, she changed course and went to the temple for a session instead.
The three of us headed down to Vegas to see the parents on Saturday. SO MUCH FUN to be this close to Val and Orin as they frequent sin city. So sad that I missed out on a girl's weekend with my sisters in Utah. We spent the day at the Radical race track in Purhump. Orin gave me my first ride on the track in his radical, and I never imagined that taking corners at 80 mph with 2-3 g's would be so much fun. The rush was a totally different feeling than being on the track in the Lambo, or Ferrari, the only common thread being that 'I could die any second' feeling. I really wish that Orin could decide to take up a hobby that was a little less life-threatening. I think that I would rather that Brad pursues his pilot dreams than the racing ones.
Sunday was spent showing Val and Orin the St. George valley. After saying goodbye, we took Logan to the park for the evening so that we could read. He found a new friend and kept calling him 'Whackin'. His name was Bracken. Good thing his mom had a sense of humor. It's getting hot outside. We have no idea what hot is really going to feel like.
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. We missed you and logan on our trip to utah. We had a great time. The weather could have been a little warmer. I am so jealous. I would love to ride in a fast race car. You know me and my adrenaline habits. I will have to have orin take me for a ride some day. We miss you. When are you planning a trip back home? Ryan said he was going to come and steal your boat if you didn't come and get it.
Oh Andrea, you poor, poor thing! No wonder you never called me back Friday after we spoke. You lost your phone! Geez! That was amazing luck! Good for you! What a nice woman to go to all that trouble to return it. Oh, and don't believe everything your doc says. When I was pregnant with Cadrien (only like 1 week) and was having breastmilk come out (remember!!!), I went to my doc and told them and said I think I may be pregnant because I don't know what else could explain this, and they did two tests (a urine test AND a blood test), and it came back negative, so I was like, oh okay. The doc told me I was just stressed. Yah, right! Then 3 weeks later, I had that impression at Lowel's funeral, and took two pregnancy tests (one Saturday, and one Monday) and they came back negative. Then on the Wednesday just two days later I took another test when I spotted and it was positive. Oh geez, is this too personal to put on a blog...I think so! Ha! Delete it when you are done reading it okay. Anyways all that to say, you may still be prego!!!! You never know! Praying for ya! Oh and you can get pregnancy tests at the dollar store! I'm freakin' serious!!! My friends all do it...although I'm not sure how much I would trust a dollar store pregnancy test, but they say they're good, so check that one. It would be easier on your pocketbook. Ha!
Glad to hear you had fun with the Harkers. Yes, the whole race car thing scares me too. I just tell Ben, "When you get in that car, just remember, if you die you will have to spend eternity watching your wife and your children with some other man". That scares him. I also say "Tell your dad that he better drive safe because if he gets in an accident and you die, he'll have to spend the rest of his life looking into a widow and her children's sad faces". Well that's if he survives too, which is really unlikely right?
Well loved your update.
Andrea, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for giving me a pep talk and some advice yesterday when we talked to help me teach Cadrien to sleep. Last night after I put her to bed at 10:00pm she woke up at 12:45 am and cried for about 5 minutes (I didn't even hear her, believe it or not, Ben woke me up and said "Can we turn off that baby monitor...it's annoying me. Ha!" I ignored her and she fell right back to sleep. Then she woke up again at 1:30am, so I got her a bottle and gave it to her and she went right back to sleep again. Then she woke up at 3:30am so I got her a bottle and she went right back to sleep again. I think she finally clued in after that time that she needed to fall asleep on her own and that I wouldn't rescue her because it's now 8:00am and she's still fast asleep (that's over 4 1/2 hours!!! I can't believe it!!! She hasn't slept that long ever! I know it will only get better each night, and soon she won't even wake up once. Oh, and I never breastfed her once either last night. Yay!!! I fell like a million bucks. I haven't had that good of a sleep in over 11 months! So thank you so very much. You are the BEST!!!! You helped me realize that: a)I needed to teach her to sleep on her own for her own good; b)needed to teach her to sleep on her own for my own sanity; c)that I should NOT feel guilty about it; and finally d) that I CAN do it. I can't even tell you how grateful I am to you!!!! Geez you should write a book on teaching your baby to fall asleep! Thanks again Andrea, you are awesome!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment