HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Friday, May 29, 2009

This is going to be a long blog session

Today is Friday! Yihoo! But it is also 6 weeks since my last entry, so I will try to journal the recent happenings of our life here in St. George. I think I will resort to list form in order to keep my thoughts on track. Here it goes:

End of April- May
  • Continued coaching gymnastic classes at Logan's school/gym until my ambition lost out to my physical therapist's voice of warning. So, we put that one on hold for now.
  • Lots of evening bike rides, including one worth remembering. I took Logan down into a deep canyon trail behind the house, only to discover that the only ways out were to hike up a ravine, or walk through super deep sand while pushing the bike. Brad found us and climbed down to our rescue just after dark. Logan thought we should have camped out with all of the bunnies. 
  • We drove home to Idaho to spend time with the family, see my sister's new home,  and see mom home from her trip to India. Poor mom was very sick for too long after she got back. What an unbelievable adventure she had. We were so lucky to be in Idaho Falls for Laura's wedding. We got to spend a day with many of Brad's cousins, their kids, and Grandma Peggy. Seeing our friends and neighbors definitely pulled at the heart strings. But the kicker was saying bye to nieces and nephews. 
  • Kim and Peyton came to spend that next week with us! We tried to squeeze a lot into a little bit of time, and we LOVED having them here with us. 
  • Harwoods slept over again and joined us in Zion's park for the day. 
  • Mom and Dad Harker came to St. George two different times. On the second visit we drove all through the park, and then joined a lovely polygamist family for the bus tour. Val is the greatest person on the planet to accompany you anywhere that is remotely fascinating. I thought her Oooohhh's and Aaaaah's were going to cause her a heart attack:) We love ya Val. The scene truly was stunning that day-like heaven on earth. Oh yeah, and I contemplated crossing the Virgin River to get back to the fam after taking a long, wrong path. (Any patterns forming?:)
  • Logan graduated from preschool with a bang. His part, "Uranus is the seventh planet from the sun," was delivered with virtually no flaws. Well, except for the fact that he can't say "from". The program was hilarious.
  • Logan also started T-ball with a team in Santa Clara. Wow, what a player he is. He even tackles his own teammates on occasion in attempt to get the ball. 
  • We have spent some super-duper fun boating days on Sand Hollow lake with the Farrers, Nasals, and Harwoods. The water has thus far definitely lent itself more towards tubing than wakeboarding. The surfing, however, has been fab. 
  • We spent the Memorial Day weekend with the Harwoods in Vegas so that we could all experience Lake Mead on an uber windy day. We still had a great time watching Reese tear it up on the surfboard, and Hoover Dam is lookin' good. 
  • Brad is headed to Idaho this weekend to load up our house and get it ready for the renters that will be moving in this week.

This next event was life-altering, impulsive, and just plain stupid. We are the semi-proud new owners of a ......... well, we aren't really sure what she is. Brad thinks she is a miniature pinscher. I think she has a little bit of chiwawa, beagle, or maybe pug. Actually, she slightly resembles a cute rat. We got a bit of wool pulled over our eyes from a nice lady in North Vegas. The dog's name is Tillie, she poops and pees A LOT, and she acts as though she has just had too much caffeine all.......day........long. Despite the chaos, Logan is in high-heaven. Knowing that it will take a while to find new friends at our next house, we felt like he needed something to occupy his time. It's working!!

I would say that the level of intensity in our family is quite high, but we are staying sane through all the changes. Brad is doing well at work and handles the stress of the industry with patience and grace. I am definitely lacking in that department when it comes to my unsolved mysteries. As far as expanding the human numbers in our family, no dice yet. I did have a hystersalpingogram and a repeated round of blood work this month. Fortunately, everything still checks out to be totally normal. We are trying to decide which route to take next. We love our ObGyn, but need to find a good AI Doc in the Salt Lake or Vegas area. I feel a much greater deal of stress regarding my hips/back/pelvis than I do about fertility. Pretty sure that something needs to happen to my body before pregnancy takes place. I am totally burned out from  the pain. It just hurts so dang bad, all the time. Seriously, I don't know what is happening after 4 years of trying to fix it all! I sometimes wonder if trying to stay of my feet for a few months would let everything heal. But that is totally impossible to do. Besides, someone would have to drug-induce a coma to get me to stay down that long. So many emotions. So desperate and exhausted. Soooooo over it. :)

So that's a wrap. We are having a very fun and adventurous summer. I am so grateful to live in a place surrounded by beautiful things everywhere, and to have fam and friends close enough to see. I am going to put up some fun pics of Logan to go along with the journal recap. But first I am going to pick up Tillie's poop. Aahh, bliss. 

6 comments:

Caroline said...

So nice to hear what you have been up to! Oh, Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing again! That is so devastating! I hope your docs can figure it out soon, and YES take heed to their advice and don't do anything overly physical! I meant it! You crazy overly ambitious woman! I also agree, you need to take care of your body first, fix what's going on, and then everything will work out. Our prayers are with you! I'm so glad to hear that you love living in St. George. What an amazing thing to live near such beautiful attractions...can't say the same for Calgary. I'm in Ontario right now, and I must say I miss living here because it is also so beautiful. Ben, myself and the kids will come visit you all soon- promise! We miss you guys so much. I can't believe how much Logan is growing up. What a cutie pie! Well nice to hear what you all have been up to. Love you lots!!!! XX00

emily said...

Ok, so I figured out how I missed that whole, we moved to St. George, blog...in my reader it only shows me the pictures from your blog - then I think it's all pictures and captions and don't ever actually click on your blog. Anyway - glad to hear an update. Sorry to hear about your continuing pains. I wish I knew a way to help out. Happy to hear about the dog though! They're work, but still fun. Mine isn't hyper, but he has other downsides so I came to realize there isn't a perfect one and I just need to keep thinking of the good qualities he does have. It works sometimes. haha.

Orange Juice said...

Hey, this is Alexis (beck). You are so sweet and amazing. I hope that you are able to find some solutions and help. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck with the dog! I feel the same way about pets/dogs. They are great for the kids though and bring some joy to us adults too! Take care.

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Hey Andrea, dang girl that was a loooooooooong post!! Haha! I miss you! That's asd that your i so much pain, you should try to rest more, but like you said it's impossible for you. I hope that pain gets better. I'm glad your having a good summer. St. George is beautiful isn't it!! That's too cute you guys have a dog now. Lot's of work as it sounds.....lot's of pee to clean, but i bet it's so worth it! Well i hope i get to see you sometime soon. Maybe you, Brad, the little guy....and the dog can come make a trip after the summer to AZ!!!! :)

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Hey Andrea, dang girl that was a loooooooooong post!! Haha! I miss you! That's asd that your i so much pain, you should try to rest more, but like you said it's impossible for you. I hope that pain gets better. I'm glad your having a good summer. St. George is beautiful isn't it!! That's too cute you guys have a dog now. Lot's of work as it sounds.....lot's of pee to clean, but i bet it's so worth it! Well i hope i get to see you sometime soon. Maybe you, Brad, the little guy....and the dog can come make a trip after the summer to AZ!!!! :)

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/intip-segudang-manfaat-baby-oil-untuk-wajah-apa-saja