Savannah, Kiara, Kaile, Ryker, Logan, Halle (Nixon and Christian sleeping)

So this last week was a pretty wicked awesome one. And I am soooo paying for it now. My body has declared war on me since I arrived home. And it was worth every second. Steph Farrer and I drove to Salt Lake for a reunion with some of our girlie friends that we miss very much. We had a great time catching up. We got to see Tanya while she was in the country, Laura Denny before football season starts in Buffalo, Laura G. before her Malaysia/Tolman world trip, Natalie, Stephanie T, Kim, Leah, and all of the husbands and kiddos. I am a lucky girl to know such fabulous girls. Logan and I stayed with Rach and Ty, which is always a treat. Max broke in her carpet with a few accidents:) Sorry Rach. AND, I got to meet Jamie's manlove, Christian. They are so getting married before its all said and done.
So this last week was a pretty wicked awesome one. And I am soooo paying for it now. My body has declared war on me since I arrived home. And it was worth every second. Steph Farrer and I drove to Salt Lake for a reunion with some of our girlie friends that we miss very much. We had a great time catching up. We got to see Tanya while she was in the country, Laura Denny before football season starts in Buffalo, Laura G. before her Malaysia/Tolman world trip, Natalie, Stephanie T, Kim, Leah, and all of the husbands and kiddos. I am a lucky girl to know such fabulous girls. Logan and I stayed with Rach and Ty, which is always a treat. Max broke in her carpet with a few accidents:) Sorry Rach. AND, I got to meet Jamie's manlove, Christian. They are so getting married before its all said and done.
And now for the highlight of the Salt Lake visit. Steph F. and I went to the American Idol Tour concert on Tues. night. Oh snap, it was one of the funnest nights of my life! We sat, well stood, in the middle of the second row. I can't decide if I should be more embarrased that I got on Steph's shoulders to get Adam to wave to us, or that we ran through sprinklers, tried to pay off little girls, and waited for over an hour to meet and get pics all of them. Or maybe I am most embarrased about what I talked about with Danny Gokey, or that I only got a pic of Steph's forehead while she was meeting Chris Allen cuz I was too excited to focus the camera. Oh, brother. Lil, Megan, and Anoop all sounded much better live. Matt and Chris RAILED on the piano, and Adam did a few things that made you feel like you should be closing your eyes. But boy can perform. And he did The Muse proud. Alison was perfect as always, and Chris was out of sight. The music was all sooo good. The Fray, the Killers, the Beatles, Bill Withers, Tears for Fears, Heart, Alicia Keys, Journey, Ray Charles, Pink...... now that is a shmorgasboard of artistry all in one night.
3 comments:
i am super jealous ann. that sounds like so much fun! You look adorable and i hope all is well. someday we need to make it to St. George to visit you guys cuz i've never been. sad huh!?
I can't believe I just found your blog! I am so excited. Miss you!
Oh my goodness Andrea I am so JEALOUS that you saw Adam in person! I love, love, love him!!! Seriously it's borderline obsession! Ha, ha, ha! I only started watching American Idol because of him. But, I much prefer the slick backed hair and suit Adam. I'm not so much into the heavy medal feminine Adam. Ha! Looks like a blast! I so wish I could have gone. What an awesome experience! I still think Adam should have won, but it's for the best as I don't think that the people at American Idol and particularly the American people were ready for a girating American Idol winner. I sure was! Ha! Maybe that's why I live in good ol' liberal Canada!
Post a Comment