We swam, we ate, we blew things up, we watched fireworks, we blew more things up, and we stayed up way too late making fun of each other. And Ralph, the neurotic schnauzer, survived yet another traumatizing 4th of July.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Yihoo for our favorite summer day!
God bless America. And Canada. And happy birthday to a really amazing person named Kate. So yesterday was a kick in the pants. So much so, that I was compelled to blog about it while everyone else is making dinner and wondering where I have gone and hid. So I woke up on the third feeling really sad that we wouldn't get to spend the day with some of our favorite people like in previous years, but soooo dang glad that we have the Harwoods and Farrers to share good times with. Also, we are lucky to have enjoyed Joe, our neighbor who entertained us with his unbelievable stories and reminded us about why we celebrate. He has seen and lived the ugliness of war after war like no one else I know. He loves this country with a profound depth that none of us, (especially Brad;)) can understand. And, he makes a wicked awesome batch of baked beans. We were really glad that Eric, Aspen, and Autumn Bueshae came out to spend the daynwith all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a wonderful forth! So i'm going to Idaho tomorrow back thursday, then we might be coming to St. George on friday, then you here on Sunday.. Yea crazy but fun! Anyway i will let you know if we are coming for sure or not! Love you oh I want to see pics of the new dog
Oh my goodness Andrea I thought you fell off the face of the earth! Ha, ha, ha! Glad to hear that things are well with the USA Harker family! So happy that you found a place that you just love. We will go up and visit some time soon, I promise. We can't wait to see you at the cabin this year...do you know it will be 8 months that we have all see each other. The las time was Christmas. How horrible is that! Looking forward to spending some time together! Love ya!
Cute dog. Kinda confused because I remember another cute dog but I think I got it. I want to hear about your house. We were just in zion for a family reunion over the 4th. We had to go to Hurricane to see the fireworks, I didn't know that you would have such a fantastic show. :)
I'm still in shock that you guys are dog owners! Like his name too :)
Thank you for the phone message - things have been a little crazy, as they always are around this time. I think I did alright though - it was Jason that struggled. I was a little surprised by that actually. We need to see you guys soon!
Hey beautiful! It is so good to see your precious life and get a bit updated. I sent you an email. Love ya
Post a Comment