We look so forward to coming to Montana every summer. This place is so temperate, green and peaceful. The cabin crowd is so diverse, loud, and hilarious. Two things never cease to amaze me about the Harker/Dernick family. The first is that they never, ever stop cooking while on vacation. Here is what has been whipped up by the queen bees since I showed up just yesterday: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge ice cream, strawberry shortcake, pulled pork barbeque, breakfast burritos, chocolate triple-layer cake, chicken salad crossaints, huckleberry milkshakes, chicken enchiladas, pico and salsa galore, and blueberry muffins from scratch. I have realized that my cooking reprituar is very limited. Poor Brad when we get home:) The second is how many trips to town the group cumulatively makes in 1 day. Today was around 9.
Highlights thus far have included the following:
- Logan and I missing our plane after running like crazy people through the airport and meeting the most impossible lady employed by the airlines
- Logan and I waking up at 3:00 A.M. in the Luxor to catch our flight to the Missoula airport, 3 hours away from the desired destination
- Brad getting a blow-out on his way to get us, and the three of us seeing the worst car accident we've ever witnessed directly in front of us
- Brad using zero discretion and letting Logan ride into town with him on the Harley
- Logan putting in atleast 3 hours a day on the waverunner and not allowing anyone else to drive it
- Grandpa building a patio and a sandbox all in one week
- Mike shocking us by arriving with a stunning beard and full mustache. (looks a bit sophisticated but frightens the kids away)
To be continued......
1 comment:
Sis
It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! I want to come next time for sure.. I can't wait to talk to you. Call me when you can. Give Logan xoxoxox for me Love ya
Post a Comment