HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Amy Dawn Wilde


July 04, 1978 ~ September 03, 2009
"Our Beloved Daughter and Sister returned home to her Heavenly Father to walk with the angels, leaving behind her parents; Theresa Larsen of Sandy, Utah and Scott and Karen Wilde and their family, Nichole, Brittany, and Nathan of Ammon, Idaho; her brothers, Eric (Laurice) Wilde of Orem, Utah and Christopher Truxal of Sandy, Utah; Her sisters, Hollie (Tyson) Crook of West Jordan, Utah and Natalie (Jeff ) Madsen of Hurricane, Utah. Amy also left behind 3 nephews and 1 niece who loved her dearly. Amy, you are free now, our sweet girl. You are the wind beneath our wings."

This is the obituary of my sweet cousin. Amy was diagnosed with a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Fredrick's Ataxia when she was 9 years old. The doctors speculated that she would pass away by her teen years. She sure showed them wrong. She died at the age of 31, tired and ready to move on from such a compromising mortal existence. I wish that I had spent more time with her as adults. The perspective I could have gained.... Our Father in Heaven must only call very loyal souls to endure a life of so much pain and sorrow, in order to bring about a greater work. Now you can see and walk and run! No more electric wheelchair for you! Oh, what Heaven must feel like after being stuck in earthly confines for so long. Party on Amy, you lucky girl. And go find that gorgeous man who has been waiting for you to get to Heaven.

5 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. She is in a better place now, what a great place that is! Hope you are doing good, miss you girl. xoxoxo

Christine said...

I read this in the newspaper...her darling picture caught my eye. Sorry for your loss, glad we know she is in a better place. Hope you guys are doing well. It was great to see you the other day.

Skylette said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but aren't you so thankful for the eternal perspective on things? Much love - Sky

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Rach told me all about it! My thoughts are with you guys. I haven't seen you forever, I hope all is well with your little fam!

The Harker Family said...

So sorry to hear about the passing of such a wonderful woman! Yes, she is definitely in a better place now!