HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Monday, October 26, 2009

Disney Overload







Last week we decided to stop thinking about going to Disneyland. We needed to either quit filling Logan's mind with all of it's majesty and wonder, or buck up and go. So, us and the Harwoods all cozied up in the same vehicle and braved the adventure. And that, it was. I will share the highlights:)
  • Justin maintained his serious co-dependency issue with the Onstar Navigation chick. We listened to her encouragement and advice beginning the instant we hit the freeway in St. George, and ending once safely home. (Doesn't sound so bad? Have your child's movie interrupted every 2 minutes only to hear a strange woman affirm that you are to 'stay on the I-15.')
  • Reese and Logan enjoyed each other with every bit as much zeal as they used to terrorize each other. Lilly was marvelous the entire trip. Steph took one for the team whenever the princess-related lines called for patience.
  • After Brad and Justin got us out of our stay at the 4-star rat hole known as the 'Annabella' they worked some swingin' deals on the rest of the stay at the Hyatt.
  • I took tramadol mid-day and started jumping around like a firecracker just when everybody was utterly spent. Thus, we never made it past 9:00 in the park.
  • Favorite Rides: Everything in California Adventures (Aladdin broadway show, Mickey-mouse playhouse, the parades, Bug's life, River raft, Cali screamer, tower of terror), and the old classics at Disney.
  • Favorite lines: The wheelchair accessible ones, thanks to the friend who needed it. We couldn't imagine how miserable the days would have been waiting in the normal lines. They were insane.
  • Justin was absolutely terrified to be in the gondola on the ferris wheel. Brad about wet his pants from laughing every time he got the opportunity to ride a roller coaster with Justin. This sound bit will explain it. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN:

1 comment:

Krista said...

fun times. I love disneyland. I also salute you for boating in october. I am such a pansy with cold water. Did Logan learn those sweet moves from you? awesome.