HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Monday, March 1, 2010

February Recap

Broad recapitulation is my only blog style these days:) Whatever works, right? February went quickly and without much stress, and for that I am grateful. I've never been a fan of January or February. I'd say i'm a bit grouchy and restless until March rolls along. Life is hard enough without bad weather, right? It's amazing to me how the sunshine can make people feel a little bit more eager to jump out of bed and face the day. So enough of the chilly days, i'm ready to hear the birds. In fact, I was actually kind of thrilled yesterday when I discovered the daunting noise of a cricket under my bed. And last week I proudly reported my first bat sighting of the season. And, I put my winter clothes away last month.... I must really be craving spring as much as everyone else around me. Here's what we have been up to for the past 4 weeks:
  • Brad played a lot of hockey. A lot of it.
  • Logan took level 2 swimming lessons and then took some privates to get those strokes down solid. We have now officially abandoned the doggie paddle forever. Well, maybe.
  • I grew and grew, and have now started to waddle when I walk.
  • The baby's check-ups were all great, and we hit the half-way mark! 20 weeks on Feb. 23rd
  • Logan stepped up to the challenge of reading one book every night this month, and is now reading pretty darn good
  • Grandma and Grandpa Raymond stayed the weekend
  • We spent a fun weekend in Vegas with Val, Orin, and Chris. We now feel more connected to the Beatles and all of their bizarre, psychedelic, and politically-charged songs.
  • I slept more and got less accomplished than I ever have in my entire life. But I threw up less and I am down to taking 1 zofran a day. Wahoo!
  • Brad witnessed the euphoria of seeing his country win the biggest hockey game of all time! Ode to Crosby and all fellow canadian olympians.
  • We got to watch our buddy Dave Bissett take home the silver for Canadian 4-man bob sledding. Go Dave! We couldn't feel more proud with your talent and killer outfit that you sported so well:)
  • We helped the Harwoods move up the street. May they never move again after this next move. (For their sake, of course.)

On to the madness of March. Here's what has made the list so far:
  • Jamie (good friend) gets married to the man of her dreams, and I hopefully get to be there for her endowment session
  • Logan, Brad and I go on a family trip for a week
  • We pack up and move to another house on the other side of town
  • I learn to relax a little bit so that I don't go into panic mode and have a heart attack from my anal-retentive ways during a move.
  • Logan starts soccer season
  • I get to visit my sister Rachel in Salt Lake, and meet up with Jesse and Nichole's families as well. YIPPEE!
  • Parents and Cook fams come for a weekend visit

Looking forward to April, come to think of it;-)

2 comments:

The Harker Family said...

What a great update! Glad to hear all is well with you guys. I can't believe you are moving so soon! Make sure NOT to lift any heavy boxes, promise! Or else you will tear your pregnant abdominal wall like I did with Cadrien when I was pregnant from moving boxes in our basement. Don't do it!!!! I will be calling to make sure you don't girly! You need to post some pictures of your cute belly! We can't wait for this baby boy to arrive, and to hold him! How exciting!!!!

Yes, Sid the Kid saved Canada...that's no surprise. He's the next Gretzky! Ben wore the Team Canada jersey Brad got him for Christmas, so I bet the brothers were twins during the game with their matching jerseys! Ha, ha, ha! Yes, good old Bissett won us the bronze. We are so proud of him! We wish you guys were here in Canada with us to watch and celebrate the Olympics. We need to get together soon, either you guys come up or we go down. We miss you guys soooo much! Camden has been asking non stop to take a plane down and go visit Logan and his "dog" in St. George. Too cute. We love you guys!!!!!! Take care little mama!

Skylette said...

Still no prego belly pictures? I'm dying to see you with a baby bump! :)