HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bad Bug Day



I have been trying my hardest to take Brad's advice and not start working on things over at the other house that we are going to be moving into. Things change so often and abruptly with the houses in Kingston's portfolio, that the living situation could easily become different than what i'm planning on. But between the house clean-up, pool clean-up, and 20 other things on my list of "needs to happen before we move in," I decided to get a start at my numero uno issue with houses in this area..... BUGS.

My fabulous cousin had suggested that we spray a few times before the move, due to the fact that no one had ever lived in the house as it sat vacant. Man, did he make a brilliant call. Suffice it to say that the home was built in a scorpion HAVEN. I am also thinking that the black widows of Dixie have designated that house as an official breeding ground. I didn't see any snakes around the house though. Oh trust me, they are there. I just didn't see them. But we like snakes because they eat the widows. So I am still very excited to settle in there, just a tad bit freaked out. Black light night hunts are going to become a bedtime routine. And Max will only be allowed to go potty on the upstairs terrace thing so that he doesn't get poisoned by the enemy. And the rosemary ground cover has to go. And I may put our beds all on stilts. Other suggestions needed. Maybe a friend from Arizona could make me feel better with some advice?!

Thanks Brayden, you just may have saved our lives today:)

1 comment:

The Harker Family said...

Oh my gosh that is so scary! You are one BRAVE woman! I am more scared of bugs than criminals!