Austin- First 4 weeks of Life
 |
| Some say I resemble a little old man :) |
 |
| Those beautiful blue eyes finally opened today! |
 |
| Now that's a proud grandpa Curtis |
 |
| I get a lot of gas, and it makes me smile. |
 |
| Our (Rachel's) beautiful angel, baby Molly! |
Oh, the first month has gone by so fast little Austin! You surprised us right away with some awesome sleeping from 12-6ish every night! And your fussing at night is not too intense (especially compared to your older brother at that age), and very short-lived. After spending the first two weeks with grandma F, grandma H, and then grandpa H, we took a week to enjoy you all to ourselves before heading up to Utah County to meet baby Molly. You were great while we were there, and met the Phillips, great-grandma Joann, grandpa F, Jesse's family, and Nichole's family for the first time. I also got to show you off to sweet Tanya from the KL while we met together for too short of time. She brought baby Tiger and we enjoyed our yearly chat. You have spent your first month completely melting our hearts Aussie! Even Max is adoring you. The joy and gratitude that you've brought to my heart is unspeakable. The spirit in our home has been so strong since your arrival. You are so well taken care of by your daddy and big brother. They both get an absolute kick out of you and your gas smiles! You love being out in the smoldering evening heat by the pool. You are the noisiest little guy i've ever heard- grunting and pushing and hiccuping all through the day and night! You burp loud, and you poop loud. The nurses at the hospital called you the "singing baby" because you sighed with every breathe for your first 48 hours!
I have spent the first 4 weeks adapting to the new sleep schedule and gaining confidence in my abilities as the mommy of a fresh little baby- it seems as though I have forgotten everything! I thank the Lord every day for you and your healthy arrival into our lives. And almost every day, I get to proudly show you off to company or passer-bys at the store. I love dressing you, giving you baths, cleaning up your spit-up, and bouncing you around the house. Thank you Aussie for blessing my life!
3 comments:
We love and miss you Austin! And the whole fam of course.......
so happy for you!
Congratulations! He is a handsome little guy! :)
Post a Comment