HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving at the north pole

 Okay so it's not like we went to Canada, but the view from this window sure leads one to believe that they have definitely entered northen territory! Idaho is as white and as cold as can be, and for that I am actually grateful. If not for this nasty weather, I would still be in complete denial that the holiday season has crept up on us. At home, we have still been watering the flowers and playing at the park. Awesome, but not exactly festive feeling!We arrived here on Monday and have been enjoying the r and r so much that we bumped our flights from Friday to this coming Monday. I was here for 5 days before I even as much as went outside! Relaxation was needed. Mom has spent the entire holiday in the kitchen, whipping up a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. Brad added a port wine reduction to the menu, and I attempted a chocolate souffle that we really could have done without, considering it took 10 billion hours to make ;-0 Boo.

Aussie and Molly 

3 little princesses

best friends


Grandma and Grandpa R. getting their baby time

Maddy

Mom took me shopping for my bday, and we made a killer jello cake with a dairy-free, soy-free cake mix. Yeah buddy. We are celebrating Bailee's big number 8 tomorrow. No winter holiday would be complete without the family getting a cold, right? Aussie got the worst of it, but he is pulling through just fine. Logan, Bailee, and Ella have spent most days as well as nights together playing their hearts out. Grandpa checked Logs' tooth to see if it was ready to come out, and pop! Go figure, he flicked it right out. Logan loves being here with family and snow. I don't know how he'll ever want to get back in the swing once we get home. What sweet chaos it is to have 3 babies under 1 roof at the same time! Little Kate is the tiniest, most fragile thing i've ever seen. At almost 3 weeks old, she is still 5 lb, 11 oz. She's such a peaceful little babe. Molly and Austin could not possibly be more different. They are both at such a fun age! Molly looks at you with those huge eyes, and then looks away as fast as she can. She is so bashful! Her cry is more like a polite squeak, and her expressions are consistently skiddish and hilarious. She is such a sweet, soft-spoken, quiet, petite little thing. She sleeps like a champ.

And then, well there's Austin. He is the loudest baby i've ever listened to. He talks and laughs and smiles without pausing for air when awake. It's very comical to hear him speak his mind to everyone. Seriously, kid's got pipes. He is sooo happy when he's happy. On the contrary, he is soooo mad when he's mad. Poor little guy is still just not an expert when it comes to winding down and sleeping. And who knows what is happening in his stomach. Reflux is fine. I took him off of goat's milk and back to neocate, and now on to soy. Nothing really changes his tummy trouble, if that's what it is. His naps are very brief and he still 'accidentally' wakes up after a little bit of sleep. The family has completely restored my sanity by helping me with him so much. After waking up 6-10 times a night, they take him and let me crawl back into bed until the late morning. My momma has taken him into her room for a few of the nights. PRICELESS is the sleep I have been getting. So nervous to go back home! I love being so entertained by this baby, and it's a good thing that he is so funny, or I would be losing my mind:-) I am excited about the fact that he will eventually outgrow his mystery issues. Logan made drastic improvements by 6 months old, and started sleeping by 7 months. I'll cross my fingers!

I will definitely miss being here with the babies and the girls that provide Logan with endless entertainment. I love checking out of everyday life once in a while. But i'm excited to get home to Braddo for a day before he takes off to Whistler for a ski trip later this week. Christmas is coming, whether i'm ready or not, so bring on December! Man, saying that just gave me a side ache.

2 comments:

The Harker Family said...

What beautiful pics! So adorable! Glad to hear you had a blast. Trust me, you will feel in the Christmas spirit when you get here. We have a nice blanket of snow on the ground. I love it! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! We miss you guys so much!!!!

The Cooks said...

Ann, I can't email them cuz they are so big it takes forever but I will Try!