HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Game with New Rules

Brad and I have most recently entered into the world of teenagers. In two days, we have learned all about transferring school credits. We have invented new ways of waking Maddy up in the mornings. We have been taught about the weed problem and the location of "stoner hall" at Idaho Falls High School - thanks student tour guide. We have reviewed curfews, chores, and Algebra homework. Most of all, we have had some major excitement and chaos trying to figure out how our new family can all work together so that Maddy and Casey (my cousins, 15 and 16) can have a good time here, despite the bummer of having to leave their home. Casey is living with my uncle down the road and we are hoping that we will get to spend a lot of time with him. I may not be any good with change, but I don't think I will be getting as bored this winter as I was last year. I hope that our friends get to know these kids. They are pretty amazing and they need more reasons of why living in I.F. doesn't suck!


8 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Andrea! I saw your name on Wendi's page and wanted to say hello. You guys look great! We have season tickets to the hockey games down here, I love going..I really like watching them fight :) I can sympathize with your pregnancy issues, it took a really long time to get London here, but it's so worth it right? I know a great doctor in Blackfoot who specializes in that if you want the info let me know. Good to see you doing well and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Oh and good luck with those teens!

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Keep up all the good work Andrea! I am so excited to see you guys soon and meet your cousin. Miss you :)

Anonymous said...

Andrea I am so proud of both you and Brad for taking in your cousin. What a wonderful and unselfish thing to do! Your cousin is so lucky to have an amazing cousin like you. I know that you will do an amazing job raising this young woman! You will be so prepared when Logan finally becomes a teen...you'll have to give me some pointers! Well there will never be a dull moment at your house. How awesome! I know my parents absolutely love having a foster daughter, and can't imagine their life otherwise. Love ya!

Amber said...

You guys are awesome. Sounds like you will have your hands full, but I am sure you will be blessed for it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, it's me again. Tell Brad Ben and I just watched his you tube video of the Founders Inc. conference he did in Misoula this summer. It was awesome! Ahhhh, we love him! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

What the? Where have I been to have missed this? Call me so we can chat and catch up!!!!

xxx T.

Ashley said...

HEY! I was looking at Ty and Tanya's blog and saw yours! How is life in IF? We need to get together...we are living in good old Pocatello! (I know...we never would have thought that's were we'd be) :) We should go out to dinner or something one night, it'd be fun to catch up with you guys! And I don't envy the whole raising a teenager...I'm the Mia Maid advisor in our ward and it freaks me out some of the stuff they tell me and have to deal with! I'm sure you guys are doing great though. So glad I ran across your blog...hopefully we can get together soon!

Amy said...

Ann I can't believe I found your blog. How have you guys been? I can't believe we lost touch. SOunds like your living in I.F. again wish I was although we like WA. Your little boy is very cute. As far as having a teenager I am sure your great. You always had a fun upbeat attitude from what I remember so I'm sure she loves it. She is also very pretty. We have a blog too if you want to check us out. Kevin is in Medical Sales of course and works for Styker Orthopedics he is liking it. I am just a stay at home mom with two girls Haylee and Ashlyn so fun. ANyhow I will be spying on you:) j/k. Hope we can stay in touch Amy (Cook) Barlow.