

Well, I suppose that it is time to update my blog as the wintry scene of Idaho has taken direction south to a quite summer-ish desert landscape! We officially moved to Saint George this past weekend. The move came abruptly in my opinion, for which I am thankful. As my dear friend Suzie assured me, "Ripping the band-aid off is less painful than slowly tugging at it." To that, I agree. I am gawking out my bedroom window at the hustle-bustle of a busy freeway, the comfort of vast blue mountains in the distance, and the orange atmosphere most adjacent. I think I can hear it screaming, "Put on your Chacos, go buy a fanny pack, and let's go climbing!" I even ate granola for breakfast this morning, He-he:) Greening palm trees add a nice touch to this crazy sight, I must say.
Amidst settling in to the housing provided by Brad's new boss, the three of us decided to guess which ward we belonged to. We were told 1:00 pm. and were feeling pretty confident about a nearby stake center, just one of the million LDS-bannered steeples you can see in each direction. After walking in and looking around, we doubted. A younger man commented to us that this temporary branch is exlusively full of wonderfully old people. With that, we hurried across the parking lot to another church building. After the sacrament meeting, a kind bishop informed us that the ward we should be attending is in Redcliffs, and that we would fit in just fine among the newly-wed and nearly dead. (Leg slapper, I know.)
Not to my suprise, I found myself at the Home Depot garden center for a few hours yesterday. I can finally grow my coveted 'firesticks' euphorbia, and don't think I won't! I also potted some annuals and re-potted my tulip bulbs just before their grand showing. One more memory from the weekend: Logan began his 24-hour puking party on the floor at Tai Pan, and wound the excitement up a day later in my bed. Glad that bug has come and gone.
I miss my family. Nichole and Joe just concluded their move into the new house without the help of the parents, who escaped to Maui just in time to miss both moving projects. Ah shucks, right mom and dad? Rachel and Tyler went on the Maui trip with them. They are having a marvelous time. Kim and Jesse are in Rexburg until we blindfold, kidnap, and bring them here to Saint George. I love the people of Idaho Falls, Shadow mountain ward and always will. We met and made some of the greatest people we know while there, and it will always feel like home.
15 comments:
wow! you did it. The big move. I will for sure call you when we head down to Zion in the next month or so. Enjoy those warm temps. I'm sure you'll find some awesome new friends down there too.
I got teary eyed reading your post...We are going to miss you guys. I hope that you have an amazing experience in St. George and that you will love it! You better let us know when you come to visit!
Hey Andrea, I'm glad to hear that the move went smoothly. We will miss you guys. I tried calling a few time, give me a call when you get a chance. Hope your having a great time.
love nicole
Andrea, I had no idea you were even moving and if Gabe did, he didn't bother to share that bit of information! Did you sell your home or is this just temporary? I love St. George and I hope you love being there too.
Can I say I miss you already! And of course I am totally jealous of your move south! I will think of you everyday when I watch the weather and see the sun and temps of good ol' st. george, hear my Finley complain one more time that Logan has moved, and when I finally get to plant some pots of my own.
Thanks for the update, good to hear from you. You guys are missed up here, but you'll love life down there too I'm sure!
Keep posting, good to see you blogging. Good luck!!
Andrea!!!! I promise I will call soon! I want to hear all about your awesome adventure! What a wonderful opportunity. Change in life is so exciting...I wish I were the one moving. I'm sort of getting bored of living here now that it has been 2 years. Ben says he would love to move to St. George because of all the amazing cycling paths. So who knows!!! St. George sounds wonderful! I'm so jealous of the nice warm weather. It is still cold and snowy here in Calgary. I must say though that I wish you had moved here so we could be close to one another. Now we are even further away from one another! It sounds like you have adjusted well. I'm so happy for you. We'll talk soon. Love you!!!
Andrea! I am so sorry I missed your calls those last few days before you moved. Boston and I were having a puking party of our own and it was miserable!
You guys will be missed here in good old IF. and we will all be jealous of your nice warm weather! (it is freezing here today!
Andrea, what are you guys doing in St. George?? That's crazy! St. George sounds awesome right now. It's freezing here. I'll have to call you if we ever make it down that way. Good luck on your new adventure.
I also am jealous of your warm weather days. I have the winter blues right now. I am looking forward to coming to see you sometime soon. April already looks crazy, I guess I picked up too many extra ER shifts. But somehow I have to pay for this new house. WE miss you too!! Bailee keeps saying mom how long is logan going to be gone for? I hope you guys come to visit soon!! Love ya
I'm so excited for you! Seriously, I think you are going to love it there....I would! My cousin said she ran into you at T.J. Maxx the other day, what a small world. Miss you!
Miss you guys! Luke keeps asking to call Logan to come play, then he remembers that you have moved. Those two are like brothers. Hope you survived the LONG drive down there. Call soon!
Andrea, I had heard from grandp f. that you guys were selling your home and going to move to St.George, but I didn't realize it would be this quick. I'm excited for you guys....gotta love the nice, warm weather. I'm sure Heidi would love to see you! I think they go to St. George quite a bit. Take care.. we miss you!
Sis, im glad you are getting to know your way around St. George! Im also glad your enjoying it.. We will come down and visit soon, anything to be in warm weather again! Miss you guys so much! LOVE U
I knew you would find the sun! I need an update! We will be in Provo in June so we will have to catch up. Maybe you and Steph can drive up together and we can have a reunion! We need a sleepover!! Miss you so much! BTW...I called you right back that time you called...maybe 30 min later and it rang and rang...bummer. xxx Tanya
Post a Comment