He kicked it off by giving his mowhawk a little trim. It served me right. I was upstairs packing our swimming paraphanilia before leaving to meet friends at the pool. I got distracted with a phone call. Twenty minutes later, Logan hadn't come up to hurry me along. I rushed down the stairs to find him sitting on the couch with a guilty face, the scissors hiding on the floor amidst the chunks of hair. "Mom, my hair was getting way too long, so I cut a little here, and a little here "(pointing to each side of the point of his mohawk). I tried to act mad, but couldn't help laughing as I realized that by looking with Logan at Finley and Cannon's recent accidents via blogs, I had totally planted the seed in his little head. Oh well.
Saturday took us on a long drive through the valley, followed by spending time at the park while we waited for the husbands to come home. We went to our house with the Farrers to watch Slumdog Millionare. What a fantastic, and suprisingly clean show. However, I am now not very excited about my mom serving a short health mission in Mumbai. Yikes mom, take your pepper spray. Okay, so here were the quotes to remember from Logan that day:
"Mom, so Obama is our newest prophet. Did you know that?"
"When Jesus comes and gets rid of all the bad guys, he will leave daddy long-legs because they are actually nice to us. "
Today brought the weekend to a great close. Logan started this day by yelling for me from the bathtub. I found him with a razor and a bloody bottom lip. "Mom, ouch, oowwww! I was shaving and I got cut!" Great. He asserted himself to a quick fix by slapping on a spiderman bandaid across his lips. Not 5 minutes later, he was yelling for me from the bathroom again. He had left the tub running while he got out to go #2, and the tub was over-flowing because the flood drain couldn't keep up. He was on the toilet with his goggles on. "Mom, I was practicing diving in my swimming pool and then I needed to poop, and now I can't shut the pool off because I dropped Chick Hicks in the pottie and I am not leaving him there." Seriously? Well, I did what any mom would do to avoid having to buy a new chick hicks. I fished it out, and bleached it out. Good grief.Then I took advantage of the soapy water and let it mop the bathroom. We finally got out of the house and up to Snow Canyon for tinfoil dinners and exploring the park. With the exception of our forgotten firewood, the evening was pretty darn fun. Brad likes to pretend that he is Bear Grils with his flint and pocket knife. Cody is not ever allowed to cook the french fries again.
3 comments:
OH LOGAN. Only your son would say those comments.:) JK"N Im sad we are going to miss you when we get there on thursday. Or will you still be there? I missed havin you here this weekend. Im about to finish Breaking Dawn, but im taking my time im sad its almost over.
Andrea that was freakin hilarious! Everything!!!! What a riot! Little soon to be 4 year old boys are mischievous aren't they! I am so bloody scared that Camden will cut his long curls, given all the horror stories that I have heard, that I hide all scissors way up high in the cupboard...I won't even allow Camden to cut up paper unless I am sitting right next to him. Well I guess Logan will have to get a shorter faux hawk. He looks so adorable with a faux hawk anyways, whether it's short or long, so don't be too heartbroken. You are good to respond so well. I'm way too uptight and would have freaked. Sounds like you are having such an adventure there...you little ol' granola you! Eating a tinfoil meal by fire...I'm sure impressed! Watch out for the werewolves, a la Jacob style, out in those mountains/forests.....ha ha, ha! I wish you were coming to the cabin with us this Easter weekend...do you think maybe you could swing it????? If you can, call me! I know that's pushing my luck, but I thought I would try anyways. Now that you are so far, it is probably wishful thinking to just come up to the cabin for the weekend :-( Love ya!
oh, he reminds me of luke! they're going to have a great time together in the fall... and probably get into lots of trouble. :) i'm like you though- i can't keep a straight face and always end up laughing at him!
Post a Comment