In the spirit of moving forward, here's the news that started in November. WE ARE PREGNANT! Well i'm pregnant, and Brad might as well be with what I've put him through! Oh hallelujah, a million times over. What an amazingly joyful feeling to be finally move toward increasing the numbers in our fam! I have felt soooo relieved that Logan will have a sibling. He deserves that, and is so absolutely ready to be a big brother. I have wanted this more than anything, and still feel overwhelmed that it came to us. I know that 3 years is nothing compared to the fertility trials that some face. But for me, I was beginning to numb out a bit, and the apathy was not a welcomed feeling. Neither was the void that can't ever seem to fill itself. I am so grateful for motherhood, and more so for the Giver of the stewardship. What a stressful, frustrating, faith-trying ordeal fertility can be for so many families. It's exhausting to even think about the journey! I think I need a nap.
And what a sweet victory to report on change and progress! SO, I have to jot down a few words about the other great miracle in my life. So I can barely think about how my sacrum, hips, muscles, nerves..... have felt for the last 4 years. There is no doubt that I have never been pushed to my limits more from this predicament than any other in my life. I have reached my wits end over and over and over. I've burdened so many people with the pain and needed so many favors that I never returned. I was so warn down from feeling pain all the time. It sucked the life out of me some days/weeks/months. It made me feel helpless most of the time, and hopeful other times. But God always sends that hope into your heart that keeps it pumping with some sort of excitement for a development. Because of the hope He always gave me (I usually didn't deserve it), I really tried everything in the book. At about the time that I reached Y and Z in that book, and had driven everyone crazy including myself, I found a new treatment. I didn't wake up one day to a healed body. But if I look at what I can do today compared to 8 months ago, there is no way I could have guessed that I would progress so much in that short of a period. Or that we would ever be able to gather the resources to afford it. But Brad's job came through in the nick of time so that I could get the treatments. Now I only get better. The pain slowly goes away and my body starts to gain my trust back as I find that I can depend on it to get me through the day. And it does more than that. My legs take me through the store, on walks, around the house day after day! I sleep at night. I drive and travel in the car. The thought of it all just baffles me. It takes me back every so often, that I am totally performing to meet the expectations of the day. I have a long way to go, but the struggle is soooo bearable now! I always know what I should and shouldn't do to manage my days. No guessing, no paying unexpected consequences. My muscles are predictable. And scronny! But I can fix that one. I want to scream out that i'm sorry and that its not a big deal anymore! I'm fine! And I hope that I will never go one day without respecting the gift of health and strength. It's not an expectation. It's a gift from God that we get to enjoy every day. Someday I am going to climb a really big mountain. I'm going to ride down roads really, really fast. I'm going to be strong enough to do whatever I want to do.:)
So what have I learned? What's my point? That God's plan is 1 million times more beautiful and perfect than our own. That if we really want His plan for us to be the one that unfolds in front of our eyes (albeit slowly), we have to be willing to fold up our own cute little maps and put them in our pockets. We have to try to read and decode and follow His map the best we can, and be extra happy when our maps start to look more like His as we go. Sometimes we have to work hard for clues and signs that we are going the right way. Really hard. We have to be reminded that we get lost when we're lazy, dangit. Some trials will come full circle and we'll be able to see reasoning for the timing and circumstances. They will get wrapped up in some sort of cute, tight bow. Other trials will seem to go without explanation or purpose at all. They'll never get wrapped up. They'll continue to look messy, like a toddler was handling them the whole time. And we still need to be equally grateful that God manifested his love by allowing us the struggle. Ahhhh, not easy. I can guarantee that I will continue to forget, re-learn, and then remember these same lessons in other ways for the rest of my life. For now, peace.

9 comments:
Hey Andrea! I loved this post of yours and I can ditto everything you said! Life is not easy nor was it meant to be but it's worth it, right??
I'm so happy to hear that your preggo and the bonus is Rachel is TOO!! Exciting!! Anyways, if you feel comfortable with me checking your blog from time to time add me in
rachelcrandall1414@hotmail.com
Hi An, so good to hear from you again. I'm so glad you've been feeling better and I hope you continue to feel better. 4 years is such a long time to have pain. You are much stronger than I. Add me to your list. It's my first and last name (no spaces) @gmail.com.
YEA!! Congrats on being prego again. I hope you are feeling okay or well enough to get through the day.
Loved your post, made me think about how lucky I am for my health and the health of my family.
Your a rock!!
wendichoyler@gmail.com
Yay! I'm so happy for you! It's about time huh? I'm really happy for you. Congrats. Put me on your list to invite to your private blog. kateclinger@hotmail.com I'm so happy for you. I know you've been through a lot.
Oops I messed that last comment posting. Sorry! Here it goes again:
Oh Andrea what an awesome post! I love, love, love it! You made my eyes tear up as I read it, which you know is HARD to do, given my fear, avoidance, and refusal to show emotions as best I can. Your words rang all too true to me! While the specifics of individuals' experiences may differ, the pain of going through those experiences is the very same. How wonderful to hear how you dealt with your experiences, how you continued to carry on with hope and faith through the darkest of moments, and how in the end the Lord blessed you for being so hopeful, faithful, and devoted, and that you were thankful for such experiences. You are a great example to me! I knew you would get pregnant, and you did! Oh and may I add, as I said at Christmas I know that you will have a girl, well I guess I shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch, or whatever that saying is, but that's my prediction! So we'll see. Anyways, thanks for sharing this, as it is such a source of inspiration and hope for many of us. We love you guys!!!! You are the best sis-in-law that any girl could ask for! Oh and of course you better add us to your blog- caroline.harker@ualberta.ca
Don't forget your favorite mother! tferney@hotmail.com.
Loved your words my sweet,amazing daughter. I have felt your pain every step of the way, and have also had my prayers answered. Two grandchildren coming at the same time, what more could a mom want!
SOOOOOO excited for your news! YAY! That is fabulous! I hope it's a girl for you! ;)
I wanna keep reading...shellybrown77(at)yahoo(dot)com
I'm so happy for you guys! And we all know you make one cute boy so this next boy is going to be very handsome as well:) I'm glad you are feeling better! I would love to keep reading your blog.
ambergenta@gmail.com
Post a Comment