HARKER HAPPENINGS

HARKER HAPPENINGS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Now that i've got my bearings....

.... I feel like writing a bit to get up to date on a few factoids and tidbits of our life. But first, let me establish that life is good, despite my venting about the many changes we are going through. We are all healthy. Summer is beautiful here. The snowcones taste great. My flowers are all growing fabulously;) Logan is busy with soccer and t-ball, we are getting ready for baby, and Brad's job is keeping him very busy. So I have a lot to be very grateful for right now. I hope that I can be. Every day. Now, for the hard truth about my inability to adapt quickly....
If there is one thing in life that gets me all roweled up and in a fix, it would be change! CHANGE. Thank heavens that it occurs now and then, but the process is never easy for me. Brad, he's a champ and Logan, he does better than his mommy. Here's what has changed over of the last 3 weeks:
  1. We moved to another side of town. Totally, completely, exhausting! We could have never done it without a thoughtful relief society president, a few sweet, sweet older women from the ward, and a handful of friends that are always there to help us out. Sooo glad its over and all things are put away in their proper place. Love the home. Love the location. Love having the chaos of the move behind us.
  2. Changed wards. We now belong to a ward that is the size of an entire stake.
  3. Changed computers. My laptop got a fatal virus and is done, finito, gone. Today Brad got a desktop set up for me so that I could start functioning online after a month of nadda. Thanks Braddo:)
  4. Changed vehicles. Not too big of a deal, but a change nonetheless.
  5. Changed phones. Gotta love the killer deal on the iphone. Still frustrated that the blackberry disappeared in the move. I could really use all of my contacts:-)
  6. ChangING the way we do our daily song and dance. I am trying really hard to get everyone back in a routine, and slow my routine down a bit. Logs is slowly re-setting his bedtime, and morning/night routines. Max is just a confused mess. He doesn't sleep well at night. I am trying to get him to the park in the evening for some exercise so that he starts sleeping through the night again. He is peeing all over the house and needs COMPLETELY RE-POTTY TRAINED!! As for me, after packing and unpacking both houses and getting everything up and running at this house, I have found that maybe my back and baby are paying a little for it. I'm going to ice and sit around more, and stop causing those contractions. I really dislike sitting around. But after the past few days, I think it would be a really good idea.
  7. Logan changed from a little boy to a big boy (as he will inform you) by turning 5! Dad and I celebrated with him on his b-day by eating at his favorite place- Cafe Rio. He received an electric scooter which quickly became his new addiction. Grandma and grandpa F. hooked him up with all new baseball equipment for the season. We threw a "rockstar party" for his friends 2 days after we moved in. 14 kids ages 5 and under! It was crazy!! Following through with Logan's plans, we taught the kids a song Logan wrote, made it into a music video, and watched it back. Then we did cake and presents, broke a pinata, and had a kind-of pool party! (Umm, the pool guys forgot to hook the gas line up to the heater, so the pool and hot tub were freezing.) The most memorable moment of the party was when Brynlee spotted a rather large, live scorpion about two feet from the line of kiddos in bare feet who went from waiting to bust a guitar in the courtyard, to scrambling for shoes and their mommy. Awesome, Andrea. Expose our kids to deathly pests after promising us you had it under control. Riiiight.
  8. Changed trimesters. Oh how us women love to grab on to the sweet phrase of 'third trimester.' It sounds so comforting to acknowledge that you've made it to the last phase of the whole affair. I still support the Zofran manufacturers by taking my daily pill, without which I would not survive! The baby is growing well and all things are looking great. I feel like a cow, waddle like a duck, and sleep like a ..... (what's an animal that gets up to go to the bathroom 4 times a night?) Oh yeah.... I'm sleeping about as well as Max is. Except I don't pee on the carpet.

Other important events to remember:

  • Family trip was a blast, i'll post about it soon
  • Mom and Bailee came to spend Easter/conference weekend with us. We had a really great time with them. Also visiting that weekend were Rach and Ty and his family, and the Hawkes and Dresens. We loved seeing our neighbors and family on our turf! I made lots of food that weekend and mom helped me with lots of packing.
  • Grandpa Joe threw us a fabulous going-away dinner at his house the day that we moved. He sure takes care of us. We miss not seeing him every day.
  • Brad brought home the MVP trophy from his season playoff hockey game as he scored the final goal for the win! He had to return the golden cup the next day, but it was still a privilege to have it in our home ;)

6 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

I love when you make a post! You really need to post some pictures of your pregnant belly, pleeeeeeeeeease!!! And what are you guys having? You should call me sometime, i miss talking to you.

Melanie said...

Hooray!!!! A long awaited post! So glad to know you are doing well. I keep forgetting your due date. You need a baby ticker on your blog. Hope I get to see you this summer!

Emily said...

Love your update...you need to come to IF soon!

The Harker Family said...

Oh Andrea, so good to hear that thinks are well there! I'm with you on the change thing- I don't take well to it! Glad you are all moved in, unpacked, and getting into your routine! Post a pic of your belly soon okay! We miss and love you guys!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

lllove the update! hopefully ill get to actually see you one of these days!

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

K i just noticed you did make a post awhile back on what your having. Sorry to even ask you what you were having again, i should of remembered. I now remember seeing your post about it and i even made a comment on that post! :)
Congrats again!